s e barnet
19 april – 5 may 2019
open day 3 may, 12 - 5pm
‘welcome’ is an installation for the waterfront gallery surrounding barnet’s experience as an immigrant to the uk. incorporating drawings based on immigration documentation alongside appropriated objects, this exhibition focuses on a singular narrative amid a backdrop of ever increasing migration around the world.
s e barnet is currently in the uk on an exceptional talent visa. her artwork has been exhibited at the getty museum and the museum of contemporary art in los angeles, the american academy in rome, and the ica in london. her book projects and related performances have launched at anagram books in berlin, the poetic research bureau in los angles and tenderbooks in london. she has contributed illustrations and writing to three projects published by verse chorus press. her work has been written about in art in america, art forum, and art papers. an essay by m a greenstein on her work is included in intellect book’s videogames and art. she has received various grants and awards including the artist’s information company’s new collaborations bursary, a durfee arc grant, the long beach museum of art’s 1999 new vision’s video production grant, the panavision young filmmakers award and, as part of the moisture collective, a lef arts foundation grant and a beall center for the arts grant. her work is in the collection of the getty research institute and a dvd compilation of her videos are available through system yellow at . she is currently course leader for fine art at the university of suffolk. barnet’s uk visa is up for renewal fall of 2019.
上海省快三遗漏一定牛the university of suffolk gallery advisory committee announces a call for proposals for exhibitions at specific times during the year.
proposals can be received from individuals as well as from groups, and all proposals will undergo a process of review and selection.
上海省快三遗漏一定牛the gallery aims to:
- Offer a diverse and dynamic arts programme available to all audiences.
- Provide opportunitiesfor staff, students and artists from the region and beyond to exhibit within the Waterfront Building.
- To create an out-reach programme that facilitates a broad community participation, including education, festivals and charities, as well as individuals .
- Support artists and makers from all disciplines inall stages of their professional careers by offering significant exhibition opportunities. Stage up to ten exhibitions a year.
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 16.00 (subject to change)
At the University of Suffolk:
- We encourage staff and students to work with us in developing our arts programme, which includes exhibitions of work from within the University as well as from regional, national and international artists.
- We value the role that the Gallery can play in providing first hand access to and experience of art, and in creating an exciting focus for exhibiting work as it emerges.
Beyond the University of Suffolk:
- The Gallery welcomes schools, colleges and other interested groups to participate in our programme of events.
- The Gallery provides unique opportunities for teaching and learning within the context of real art processes and works.
- A range of educational activities, including further study opportunities, can be designed to take place in the Gallery and in associated locations at the University of Suffolk. Furthermore, guided tours of the exhibitions can be arranged subject to planning.